Saturday, August 13, 2011

Learning more what to do

My Dad said, while we were atop the roof of the addition he was adding to our home, "I wish I paid more attention to what my Dad did when he was building things" I too can say that. No, not that I didn't learn a lot from him, expanding our house, but there were plenty of steps I didn't pay much attention to, nor get my hands 'dirty' to try it. I do have a very basic knowledge of how to do a lot of different things, but doubt I could make much money as a handyman. So, it's time to expand my knowledge. In case you didn't know, Home Depot offers free workshops on how to do all sorts of things. So, I'll be expanding my knowledge this way. 1st workshops are tomorrow. Interior painting (My wife will tell you I really need this one), Installing a vanity and faucet, and flooring are the 3 we will be attending tomorrow. I've changed faucets before, but when it comes to those pipes at the bottom, I've not considered doing anything with them, besides pouring draino in it if there is a clog the plunger doesn't get out.
One of the things we would like to do, is put in bamboo flooring. We've seen enough shows on HGTV to know it is a good decision. Very durable, looks great, and inexpensive.
Now, as far as painting, things just haven't looked very good. Okay, I'll be honest, down right horrid. So I definitely hope I'll learn a thing or 10 to help me with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment