Sunday, August 14, 2011

Diminsions floorplan

I took a lot of measurements of my inlaws floor. It's the same basic layout as below. Was trying a couple things to make a floor plan, but I'm sure there is something better than what I was trying. 1st was using a spreadsheet, to make boxes, then using Open Office Draw, but being I've not gotten familiar with all of it, didn't see the way to modify ruler. I'll find something, unless someone has a better idea. Sometimes I miss the programs from days of old, i.e. Clarisworks, BBE, and occasionally windows 3.1. The one that ran from DOS. What? Some of you don't remember booting to a dos prompt?  I bet you don't remember 300 baud modems either. I can just imagine using such to do a simple task as checking email with it. We've come a long way.

Oh, a note, there is about 20 square feet of 'mystery' space, where there use to be a dumb waiter (No, not that guy fired from Applebys who couldn't find apples on the menu).  I'll have to ask my wife about what this house is rumored to have been.

2 comments:

  1. Ok Bobb I will take your bet , you're gonna regret...lol I do remember all that and more...I remember having to wire memory latices' and punch cards for not only input BUT output. As for the Drawing I like Gimp found at http://gimp.org this is one of the finest free drawing programs out there to my limited knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clay. I'll take a look at it soon. I also found Achicad. 30 day free trial, and free use for students. I haven't looked at it yet either.

    ReplyDelete