Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Almost there! (Originally for Sept 28th) but got lost in move.

Only 2 more days left in September. Last Saturday, I did get to see a workshop at a local home depot. It was on Tiling. Learned more about the tools, because I had the right ideas of what to do. There was some stuff hands on, so my confidence up. 1st planned improvement- Back splash for my wife's parents kitchen.
If I didn't mention it before, this house has a basement. I've already taken 3 loads of stuff over in our Mazda Tribute. Books, crafting supply boxes, christmas decorations. We have a nice pile there. Oh, the stairs to the basement are, well, interesting. But I'll get pictures soon. Let's just say I don't want my wife going down there.
Anyway,  when I pulled up, my father-in-law (Whom I affectionately call CapĂ®ton), was fixing the front door. So I joined him. It was a temp fix, and the left -it is double doors- 'secondary' door will need to be replaced. First official repair to our house.
The current renters have moved out a lot of their stuff. Their barky dog wasn't there today. It was a pleasant surprise to be on that floor and not hear Dusty. And no, his bite is worse than his bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment